Monday, May 18, 2009

Villains of Volturnus

I found the book pictured here at the local used bookstore. I was looking for any early edition books or supplements, but this was the closest I could find. I don't think it'll be necessary to review this book, but I did buy it as a curiosity/collector's item!

Published in 1983 by TSR, its unfathomable cover includes one of the winged monkeys I'd mentioned in an earlier post. "Choose Your Own Adventure" books were pretty popular when I was a kid (are they still?), and this was TSR's take on the idea. Their version was "An Endless Quest Book", and in theory it does seem like a good way to both promote their games and introduce the idea of role playing fiction.

Anyone wanna caption this cover?

4 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

Planet of Mad TV Apes - Dr. Zaius vs. Miss Bunny Swan

ze bulette said...

Whoa, eerie. I was going to go with "Take that, ya disco hating fools!" or something to that effect.

I'd have to go over the billboard top 100 from '83 and maybe find something more appropriate.

Nathan said...

I have a copy of this from when I was a kid. It's a cool Star Frontiers game book.

ze bulette said...

Yep, I played a bit of Star Frontiers when I was a kid...never really caught on with me like D&D or Traveller for that matter

Post a Comment