Saturday, October 23, 2010

Phailure! (Sorry, Not RPG Related...)

With all due respect to my oldest friend, John in Philly ... bam! Neither one of us saw that one coming! Both of us originally being New Yorkers, I guess this makes it a little easier on us...
I've no illusions about the chances of the S.F. Giants vs. the Texas Rangers but I'm really happy to see this opportunity come up. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, the Philadelphia Phillies lost to the San Francisco Giants tonight, advancing them to the World Series.

5 comments:

George said...

Remember, nobody gave the Giants a chance against the Phillies either! If the national press is giving the Giants no chance, I'm OK with that. The game is played on the field! :)

Badmike said...

I'm a Rangers fan (39 years of futility) and I'm happy that for once "someone besides the Yankee$" will win a title, either a team that has never won one, or a team that hasn't won one in almost 60 years. Good luck Giants fans! (but not too much...)

Anonymous said...

Hooray! Rangers vs. Giants is so D&D it hurts. And while I'm pulling for the Rangers, at least the Giants aren't ballhogs with more Series titles than Zeus himself. Either way, it's a nice change of pace. I just hope it goes my way :)

ze bulette said...

@strangestones: nice, I hadn't thought of that!

Anonymous said...

@ze bulette: I've actually had it in my head since before the Series participants were finalized, but I didn't want to blurt it out lest I jinx it. Someone with far better art skills than I really ought to mock up a revised G1-3 Module cover making it into "Against the SF Giants" :)

Post a Comment